Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 75

Today is Coopers 75th day in this universe, it is my 13,616th day.
It's 1:20 pm pst, Cooper is sleeping next to me in his car seat, Tyrone (our cat) is asleep on top of the green cabinet in the dining room and I have been up since 5:30 a.m.
I'm feeling a bit sick, like I have a cold, and I'm worried Cooper will catch it, although I have no idea what to do if he does.
How do I take his temperature? What temperature is too high? What do I do if he has a temperature? What can I give him? Will he have a sore throat too? Will he feel achy like I do?
I don't think it's fair that he should have a cold on this 75th day so I'm doing all I can to combat my cold so he can continue to only worry about when he is going to eat and sleep.
My goal is to get out of the house each day, some days it's really easy, like yesterday for instance, and other days, like today, it's like the front door is a huge wall and I have to muster up the energy to get over it.
I try and remember I will never get this time back with him and want to take full advantage of each day. Before I know it I will be back behind my desk at work wondering what he is doing and how he is doing. And unless something changes (win the lottery maybe?), I will be doing that for the next 20/30 years. So each day is really precious, even when I feel like my feet are in quicksand.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nice work, LD! So great that you started a blog. I like knowing details of your new life, since I can't be there to witness it in person. Hope your cold improves.

xoxox
Rach

ps how 'bout some pixpixpixpix?